Wednesday, May 11, 2011

5-11-11 6:19 pm Sometimes Ya Just Gotta Have Faith

Thanks to some caring friends and co-workers, I held it together today. It's tough wondering about my future employment. Ironically I hurt, even though those who care about me reassure me. They're looking out for me. They tell me so, and I feel their love. The result is that I feel less lonely, a luxury to be sure. Still, it's painful to worry about the state of my career when I love what I do and the people with whom I work, so very much.

So, it was a busy day, attending to tasks, walking the halls sans tears, and teaching. Stopping off at church to pick up music to sing at next Sunday's service felt like a hastle on my list. I had to just make myself do it. We went the measly one mile out of our way, fiddled with the locks, picked up the music, and wound our way home.

The bath was necessary. Starting the laundry, a good idea. Yet I had to force myself to look the songs. Plunking out their notes on the keyboard felt like a Herculean effort. Slowly the notes began to come together. Melodies revealed themselves. "I Know that My Redeemer Lives" is actually a pretty cool hymn.

And now it's repeating in my mind. And it's making me feel better. Maybe the trip to church was divine intervention. I'm so glad I stopped to pick up that music.

No comments:

Post a Comment