We got a little windfall in the mail. It's nice to know that the unexpected still happens. Out of the many needs demanding our financial resources, we went with cruiser bicycles.
Think gas savings. Carless transportation. Lower fossil fuel consumption. Physical fitness. We got Anne a new bike for Christmas. That felt easy, since she's growing all the time. In fact, she was well over-due.
For Harold and me it seemed different. Although our mountain bikes feel like medieval torture devices, they were and still are a hot item. We picked them out, and rode them faithfully for years.
We've got plenty of get-up-and-go about us, and yet, we're now mature enough to fess up. We hate those things. It's time for something more comfortable. Harold seems to love his new bike.
He rode down the street wearing a huge grin. "It feels like my old Stingray!" he exclaimed on dismounting. His joy made my heart leap. It's fun to see a grown man giddy.
As for my cruiser, it's robin's egg blue with white accents. It has beautiful lines and curves. The seat feels like a seat instead of a wedge. It needs a white bike lock.
To quote Dr. Seuss, "Oh, the Place's [I'll] go!" My hope is that this new purchase will still look good on me when I'm gray. I hope it will take me to many of the locations that meetings and tight schedules have required a car to complete. And between trips, I'll just look at it. It's beautiful.
No comments:
Post a Comment