Blessings. Luck. Fortune. Whatever you call things for which to feel greatful, taking the time to recognize them makes us who we are on a scale reaching from greatful and inspiring to resentful and ... conspiring?
Things for which I feel grateful today:
Anne's smile, getting to work and home safely, having plenty of food to eat, clean water to drink, a warm house in which to sleep, a husband with my best interests at heart, the patience of others, the opportunity to help others, opportunities to build trust. Keeping those points of gratitude in mind inspires me to go back tomorrow, and do it all over again. I hope I make a positive difference in someone's life.
Writing a list of gripes only makes me vulnerable to self-perpetuating negative energy. And the result leaves me in exactly the same place I started: resentful. The question on my mind becomes "How can I avoid those problems tomorrow?" And therein lies a negative seed planted, the assumption that tomorrow will present the same challenges of today, or maybe worse ones.
Ah! I discovered the thing for which I feel absolutely most grateful: the possibility of tomorrow.
Needed this today! Thanks!
ReplyDelete