Tuesday, January 25, 2011

1-25-11 6:10 pm Re-Posting: Hot Coffee and Other Miracles

This morning a cup of perfectly made, hot, decaffeinated coffee appeared at my desk, entirely free of effort, money or time spent on my part. It was as if the universe knew exactly what I wanted, and delivered. Harold actually did the delivering. Ahhh. Thank you, Harold. Have I told you recently how much I appreciate you?

And then there's a wonderful friend who, in spite of my business, continues engaging me in fascinating, relevant conversation. We make social plans just for us. With so many of my friends having been "Mommy" connections, this feels refreshing.

When Harold and I were first married, we were our social life. Period. We continue to think that a few "couple" friends would be healthy. Back when Anne came along she and I made "Mommy-Baby" friends. These matriarchs were folks empowered by sharing birth stories. They were my support network, and the babies smiling at each other only encouraged our empowered conversations. My current friendships feel more...enduring.

Empirically speaking, my current blessings could hale form a variety of sources. I am gainfully employed in a fulfilling and challenging career. Anne is older now and we all have more time for building social networks. (Must remember to make couple friends). Harold and I continue to nurture our relationship. And it must also be true that smiling, making only positive statements, and watching the "b" word contributes to this current "goodness".

No comments:

Post a Comment