It's late, but I've done a complete toilette, with time to spare, my lunch is ready for tomorrow, and my outfit is waiting. I think all this "no driving", and staying positive is supporting more balance in my life.
Subtle routine changes force moderation. Without a car, we need to leave school right away, rather than staying as late as I think Anne can handle, so I can get more done. Leaving earlier in the morning is also helpful for walking, so it pays to have everything ready to go. More of the important things have room to grow.
Sticking to positive language, interpretations, and decisions helps me look for the best in all situations. Coordinating car maintenance with transportation to work and planning responsibilities in a marriage, balancing household chores with a desire to put my feet up, listening long enough to come up with something positive to say, they all cast a warmer light on things.
Anne and I have had deeper conversations, and she's hugging me more. Those both feel like accomplishments with our pre-teen. We had dinner at home tonight, homemande, with time and energy to spare for clean-up. These things feel like the ideals we all expect from life, despite a derth of enthusiasm for doing the work of making them reality.
Writing more is tempting, but I'm in the middle of The Year of Living Biblically, so instead I think I'll do a little reading before bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment