I used to think life was a destination, and that as soon as I'd arrive, it would start. Over the last 2 decades it's become clear that life is the journey itself, at times slower and at others faster. The more I'm learning at any given moment, the greater my perceived velocity.
Right now I'm at about mach 5. Dinner, in the form of split pea soup, chili, lentil barley stew, spaghetti sauce, and chicken pot pie are all in various stages of cooking. We'll be set for the week. Having used less water, conserved cooking resources, and being at the ready to feed my family feels like resource conservation indeed!
Then there's the Snuggle Buddies. It's an item I've been making for years for my loved ones - we gave them out to friends at Christmas, and more distant relations as well. They're cheep to make and a great comfort to have, so it started with the desire to please our kith and kin at Christmas and save money at the same time. We now have folks requesting them, which makes the idea of marketing these little buddies seem all the more possible. At the very least I've accumulated some hope. Maybe we'll accumulate a few bucks as well. Maybe we'll accumulate a lot of bucks and I'll be able to be the benefactor of whom I've always dreamed.
With less driving life is slower. Anne and I cuddle more. We spend more time as a family together. I have more time for conversation. There's more love in my house resulting from the various endeavors of this year. Living more intentionally has provided more opportunity to know myself and my family members. Better knowing seems to lead to more time together, more love shared.
No comments:
Post a Comment