Friday, January 7, 2011

1-7-11 10:00 pm More Peace

Perhaps it's daily meditative walks. It could be the knowledge that I'm more juditiously using finite resources. Maybe I just love my life so much that this is a natural outcome, but I feel like I'm submitting daily deposits of peace into my very being.

A calm, peaceful approache to live have been elusive goals for me in the past. But this week I've noticed my heart racing less. I interrupt others' conversation infrequently, and the impending sense of urgency that can elevate stress to a status of distress is melting away.

Something, or some combination of things I'm doing is earning these positive deposits, changing my disposition for the better. It feels like my availability to connect with others at any given moment, has increased. If not using the car were the only thing I'd changed in my life, the outcome would be different. The potential of inner struggle, resulting from conflicts about how to make driving less a reality, could sabatage the effort.

The three efforts together: trying to use renewable transportation as much as possible, maintaing a positive outlook on all things, and watching for ways to build stores of resources in my life are a tall order when taken together as a whole. Taken together, however, they both balance and support one another.

What I know for sure: These endeavors create a wealth of capacity for giving in me. The better care I give myself, the more I have to offer others.

No comments:

Post a Comment