Tuesday, March 22, 2011

3-22-11 6:32 pm Counting:

1. Food: Anne bakes a nifty loaf of Irish Soda bread. So much so that when we're expecting guests, she's the baker. Today she came through with a tall, golden, perfectly lumpy loaf. And the house smells so warm!

2. Friends: Tonight book club is at my house. I feel so...included, and so want everyone to feel welcome and comfortable.

3. Dreams Coming True: OK, I know about dream interpretation. Dreams about a child can point to the more vulnerable self. When I dream about a cat scratching at the door, it might really be about fears of neglecting my father. I get all that. Of late, my dreams seem to take a different course. There was the dream where my now late Grandfather came to me. A dear friend recently returned from a long trip. I dreamt of her as well, returning and embracing me in one of her reassuring hugs. And another recent "reality dream" slips my mind at the moment. This is a new way of dreaming for me, and I find it extremely comforting.

4 Faith: I sang in church recently, and really messed up a psalm. They kept me anyway. A dear friend and superior at work, is taking a new direction, and many close to me professionally demanded to know when I might be able to step in such a leadership role. Others' visions for me are their gift of faith in me. It's humbling.

5. Garden Beds: We now have two of them ready for filling or planting. We'll have fresh produce this year. Given the economy, that's good timing!

So many gifts, and all free. Just looking around, simply taking time to notice the things that bring joy, good food, and love, calm me down. I feel less like a bleeding wound, and more like a smiling Buddha.

No comments:

Post a Comment